Thursday, March 27, 2014

Three Pet Pages Using Same Collection and Free Cutting Files

Hi everyone it's Pam here today sharing three pet pages with you using the brand new Chickaniddy Date Night Collection. This collection is so versatile! I am going to show you how to complete three completely different pet pages using different color combinations and papers. For each page I am going to share with you the color palette in paper form to help you get inspired.

My first page is about my dog, Gabby. She is such a loving, loyal dog. I wanted to capture in a not too girly but still in a sweet way- ya know she is a German Shepherd ;). The Date Night collection has all of the right colors to scrapbook here. I chose a little orange, with touches of mint, florals, and a great brown background.
Here is a close-up of how I did my journaling. I typed it out and put in the right amount of space so the papers and stickers would not overlap the journaling.

As for the color palette I chose, here is the color palette.
Supplies Chickaniddy Date Night Paper: Dance School (DN140S02), Cutest couple (DN140S05), Together is Better (DN140S09), Backwoods Lovin' (DN140S10), Downtown, (DN140S03), Spiffy Tags (DN140S07), Plaid is Rad (DN140S12); Alpha Stickers (DN14EB01); Sticker Sheet (DN14EB02); Mini Sticker Banner (DN14EB03); Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04); Enamel Hearts (DN14EB07); Brads (DN14EB06)
other: Tangerine Colored Cardstock, White Pen

For my next page I went with a whole different color palette. I created this fun layout about my dog and snow. It RARELY snows at all here so it is a treat for a dog who grew up mostly in northern Ohio. She just loves to snow even if it is a dusting. For this color palette, you can see I chose brighter colors from the Date Night Collection like the mint green,blues,oranges, and patterned white papers. I even die cut some foil paper with the word "fun". This page was inspired by a layout by Diane Payne here on the Chickaniddy blog!


Here is my color patterned paper palette.

Supplies Chickaniddy Date Night Paper: Cutest couple (DN140S05), Together is Better (DN140S09), Downtown, (DN140S03), Spiffy Tags (DN140S07), Plaid is Rad (DN140S12);  Mini Sticker Banner (DN14EB03); Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04); Enamel Hearts (DN14EB07); Brads (DN14EB06); 12X12 Silver Foil Paper (CN14SP002)
other: Tangerine Colored Cardstock, Green Cardstock, Photo Corners, White Pen


For my last page, I used the softer, sweeter patterns for a page about my dear cat. Mia is 14 years old but just as beautiful as ever. Her calico fur still looks great. I wanted to include softer muted colors so I would not overpower my photos. I chose the softer oranges, mints, grays and off white patterns. SCROLL down for a free cutting file of the hanging hearts!

This is the color palette I used.
Supplies Chickaniddy Date Night Paper: Awesome Blossom (DN140S01), Cutest couple (DN140S05), Together is Better (DN140S09), Backwoods Lovin' (DN140S10), Downtown, (DN140S03), Spiffy Tags (DN140S07), Wall Flower (DN140S08); Plaid is Rad (DN140S12); Alpha Stickers (DN14EB01); Sticker Sheet (DN14EB02); Mini Sticker Tags (DN14EB04); Enamel Hearts (DN14EB07); Brads (DN14EB06); 12X12 Silver Foil Paper (CN14SP002)
other: White Pen
I have also included a cutting file for my page in both Silhouettte and SVG. Here is preview and then links!

HANGING HEARTS .SVG CUTTING FILE
HANGING HEARTS .STUDIO CUTTING FILE

I hope you are inspired to scrap your pets with the lovely Date Night collection by Chickaniddy!


3 comments:

  1. Love these pages and all of your cute, cute photos, Pam! And I love what you did with the cutting files. Your layouts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all, but especially the first. It's so unique and absolutely beautiful. I can't believe these are all from a dating-themed collection. So versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! I love them all!!! Gabby and Mia are just gorgeous, too!! :) Love how you've used the same collection in such different ways. Very cool! :) And thank you so much for the free cutting file! I'm going to try to download without messing it up this time, LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete