Thursday, May 2, 2013

Reader's Pages

Happy Thursday. It's Pam again sharing some great reader's pages with you all!

The first page is by Sandi Pressley . She is sharing her favorite layout of 2012 after I did that post, Designer Showcase: Favorite Projects of 2012. I am so happy that she sent this in because it's so cool what people consider their favorites and why :) It is so very pretty and there are many things to love about her page like the gorgeous colors, matching photo to the paper, and multi-circular design.  I adore those little details!  This is what she had to say about why it was her favorite, "It is my favorite because I live over 1000 miles from my grandchildren but I was able to travel to the midwest from Florida to be there at my youngest granddaughter’s 1st birthday party.  I documented the event in this layout.  I bought Isabelle (“Izzy”)  that pretty party dress and the Birthday Girl collection papers from Bella Blvd. matched perfectly.  This page is now framed and on the way over my scrappy desk." Here is  a link to Sandi's blog so make sure you check it out here: http://lifeatthebeach51.blogspot.com/!



Our next two reader's pages are from Francine Davis She is sharing two cool sunburst pages just like my post: Sunburst Technique Tutorial. Both pages are stunning! Check out how different the sunburst look is from my example but how unique and cool both are! I really like how she designed her pages. Check out the different colors Francine used on both and the different sunburst feeling you get from it. 
This is what Francine had to say about how she designed her first page: "For the first one (Lazy Days of Summer), I made a sun using MSWord (Autoshapes/stars and banners/16 point star). After enlarging it to the size I wanted I printed it out on scrap paper then cut it out. I placed it on the cardstock and used it as a mask to ink around it. It didn't quite pop off the page enough so I stitched the outline with floss."

This is how Francine designed her second page, "For Drifting, I cut the (orange) piece of patterned paper to the size I wanted then turned it over. I drew a small dot where I wanted the rays to converge then with a ruler, began drawing lines from edge to edge that went through the central dot. As I got close to the end I put an X on every second sun ray and finished drawing the last few lines so that I didn't have two rays with Xs (or without for that matter!) next to each other. I then put a small piece of tape on the central dot and cut out the rays with Xs on them. I made sure not to cut right up to the dot but only to the tape square so that the paper would stay in one piece. It didn't matter that the rays weren't perfect by the central point since I was going to cover that up with the photograph anyway.  Because the paper was in one piece I could flip it right way up and attach it to my background piece without any trouble."

 Please stop on over and visit Francine's blog for more ideas here: http://kaleidoscope-scraps.blogspot.com.au/ .


Thanks to Sandi and Francine for sending in your great pages!!



VISIT THE CONTRIBUTOR'S BLOGS/GALLERIES
Cathy Dippolito
Dolores Schaeffer
Cindy deRosier
Marlene Murphy
Lesley Walker
Gael Spence
Sarah Routledge
Sharon Fritchman
Tanya Ham
Sheila Burns
Pam Callaghan
 


 

8 comments:

  1. Sandi and Francine! Your pages are wonderful and so creative!! Thanks for sending them to Pam, and thank you, Pam for sharing them with us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful layouts, ladies! I have to laugh, Pam---after reading your sunburst tutorial, I bought a protractor! Can't wait to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila! I have to go to Staples and get a protractor, too!!

      Delete
  3. Great layouts! I love seeing how scrappers are inspired by others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pam, Thank you for featuring my pages. I enjoy seeing all the inspiration here on Ideas for Scrapbookers so it's nice to be able to hopefully inspire others with some pages I've done too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspirational layouts, Francine & Sandi! I'm really trying to catch up on some scrapbooking after many many months of only cardmaking and am actually making some progress. Love seeing your great work! Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome creativity! Thanku Francine for explaining how you did the second layout which I love a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Pam for showcasing my layout and for all the sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete