Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Get inspired by Patterned Papers!


Hello. This is Anupama Choudary and I want to show you how to draw inspiration from the motifs on your patterned papers to build a layout.
I used a 12x12 paper called Emperor from Prima Marketing's Printery Collection as the background for my page. 

I used the clock motif on the pp as a recurring element. I matted the photograph with Dusty Attic's Skeleton Clock face.


To emphasize the clock shape, I placed the negative chipboard from the clock face on my background. This also helps to draw the eye to the photograph.

In the next layout, I was inspired by the brocade pattern on an old 12x12 Kaisercraft paper.

To tone down the busy background, I matted the paper with a neutral pp but carried the theme forward by using a Crafter's Workshop Brocade stencil with texture paint.
Hope this post helps you to use the motifs on a patterned-paper as a recurring element.
Happy Scrapping!



1 comment:

  1. Wonderful process of inspiration. Thanks for sharing these. Your layouts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete