Monday, March 19, 2012

Punch Organizers

Over the years, I have collected quite a few punches.  Not so many that I forget what I have, but it's getting close.  I decided it was time to create an organizer.

I started by dividing all my punches into two piles: border punches in one pile and everything else in the other.  I got out a scrap of black cardstock and punched a sample from every border punch.  I used white cardstock to create a card for each punch, then attached each sample to one and wrote the name above it.  I used my Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the corner of each card.  


I wanted to be able to quickly find each punch, so color-coding was the next step.  I got out my cardstock scraps and punched circles to match each border punch.  Here's what the back the cards look like:


I added a ring, then tied an orange ribbon to the ring, indicating that every punch on the ring is Fiskars brand.  If I happened to own any other brand of border punches (which I don't), I would have made a separate ring for each brand and added an appropriate ribbon.

 
I did the same thing for my miscellaneous punches.  I have two rings of those, one for my Fiskars punches (in the picture below), another for the rest (mostly Marvy Uchida).  

 
I love my new organizers!  It's great to have a visual reminder of what I own, plus I love having the names of the punches all in one place.


3 comments:

  1. I do something sort of similar. I have them punched out and labeled but store them glued to 8 1/2 x 11 cardstofk page. These slide into sheet protectors and are stored in my stamp binder. I have all my stamps sorted by theme and stamped off by theme on the 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock as well. Punches are at the front of the book, followed by the stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I should start doing this. I only have a few but this is a good way to keep track as I start adding to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas, i think i will do this. THanks

    ReplyDelete