Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Designer Showcase: Snow

It's nearly Spring time here! Even though this winter season has been milder than some years, we are still anxiously looking forward to the warmer temps and sunnier days!  So we thought this would be a good day to have a Designer Showcase of Snow projects!


Cindy shares 2 of her favorite snow pages with us today. Snow on Father's Day? Wow! That would be unheard of in my area. Cindy is a master at the multi-photo page. This one has some really cool things I want to point out.  I really like the 2 vertically set photos on the top and bottom that seem to "break out" of the rectangle. They make me think of the mountains where these photos were taken.  I also really adore the simple, but very dramatic snowflakes drifting down from the top of her design. Very clever!


Don't you just find yourself looking all about at this page by Cindy? Her design keeps your eye moving about the page taking in all the wonderful photos and journaling.  The blue of the background paper seems to extend the sky from her photos right out on to the page!  The little touch of red on the scalloped edge balances perfectly with the colors of her son's coat!


Dolores has really captured the feeling of cold, bright, brilliant snow on her digital page. That glittery background paper sets the tone. The intricate blue snowflakes tucked in so nicely give the feel of a gently snowfall.  I also like her choice of brown as an accent color in her title and elements. It picks up the coloring of the stark trees and her beautiful dogs!

When I saw this page by Vicky, it took me back to winters of my childhood when we would ice skate on the frozen lake.  The fancy lacing that she did looks so much like my old ice skates!  The vintage image adds to that old time feel. I like how Vicky highlights the colors of her photo with her choice of blooms.


There is so much to adore on this page by Vicky. So just take your time and take it all in. The distressing, the crocheted doily and lace all add to the vintage shabby look and feel of the page.  Her gorgeous blooms done in white are so perfect, like snowflakes on this page! This page really needs no journaling. But you could easily add some to one of the paper tags tucked behind the photo.


After viewing all these beautiful snowy pages, you may be feeling the chill of winter. So I thought I'd leave you with a "warmer" project.  This is a round wooden box that I dressed up in chilly winter style to store hot cocoa mix! 

So gather up the photos you've taken this winter, make yourself some hot cocoa, and have fun scrapping!


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful projects! Snow trips are one of my favorite things to scrap. It doesn't snow where we live (and doesn't get all that cold during winter), so it's a special treat to pull out the snowflake stamps, papers and punches. :)

    ReplyDelete