Monday, January 30, 2012

Serendipity Heart Banner

Serendipity Squares have been popular with scrapbookers and cardmakers for many years.  They're beautiful, fun and so easy- all you need are scraps, a base piece of paper, and some sort of adhesive.  You simply choose some scraps that look good together, tear them into small pieces, and glue them randomly on the page.  When you cut the paper into squares, you end up with pretty squares that look great together.  

I made my own version- Serendipity Hearts!  I started by pulling out pinks (and a few purples) from my HUGE collection of scraps.   

I won a bottle of gold Shimmer Mod Podge recently and wanted to try it out, so that's what I used for my adhesive.  I used watercolor paper as our base.  Here is my paper after I mod podged my scraps: 


When the paper was dry, I turned it over and traced hearts all over. 

Then I cut out the hearts and added a single dot of gold Stickles to each.  Aren't they pretty?  Scraps never looked so good! 


I used Glue Lines to attach the hearts to a piece of gold ribbon to make a banner.


Here's a closeup:


I love how my banner has dressed up the house for Valentine's Day.  I'd encourage you to give Serendipity Hearts a try!

4 comments: