Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Designer Showcase: Disney Pages

When you think of Disney what comes to mind?  Magic? Mickey? Of course!  And what else?  There are so many facets to Disney, and enough options for scrapping your Disney memories that you could take your projects "to infinity and beyond!"  Sorry, just had to say that!  For this weeks Designer Showcase we are sharing some Disney pages and projects with you.

Cindy starts us off by getting right to the heart of it. The characters!  This page is really great how it captures the fun that was had in greeting many of the different characters. She lets the photos tell the story and keeps the embellishments to a minimum.

I just love how Cindy worked in all these photos, yet kept them large enough to enjoy. AND she included journaling too.  This is such a great page. Here is what Cindy had to say about it: "We go once a year, so my challenge is to try to keep each layout fresh and not a repeat of what I did the previous year.  I know many people make entire Disney albums, but I limit myself to two total pages (usually one 2-page spread) per trip. It's hard, but it forces me to look more critically at my pictures to tell the story of the trip."  Wow!  I have even greater respect for the work that went into Cindy's page. I know when we go to Disney I take hundreds of photos.  I'm impressed with how she condensed her memories on to this amazing 2-pager!




Here is a page by Marlene. She was creating a page about funny things her kids say. I love that she accentuated the "goofy" lyrics!  These Jungle book character embellies are just perfect on this page!


This digital page from Dolores really displays the happiness and joy of a visit to Disney.  The background looks so much like Minnie's dress!  The  swag of flowers and foliage is beautiful and works really well as a base for her photos.  Her shadowing is just amazing! And the title is perfect!  I love the scattered Mickey's too! This is really making me wish I had a trip to Disney planned soon!!!


This page is the start of a few that I have to share with you.  My family and I are big Disney fans.  One of the things we love to do when we visit Disney is to look for "hidden Mickeys".  So in each Disney page I create, I always hide a few Mickeys! I chose the above page to start off with since the Mickeys on that page are rather obvious!  On most of my pages they are harder to find.  I write a note on the back of each page with the number and location of each hidden Mickey on the page so that I can keep track of them myself.



Even if you don't have a lot of Disney themed embellishments, you can make it look very Disney by using red, yellow, white and black colors as well as circles, scallops and star shapes. This works well whether your page is digital (top) or paper (bottom).




Sometimes a photo expresses everything and needs no embellishment. I absolutely love Cinderella's castle in Walt Disney World when it is dressed up for the holidays!  


I wanted to share at least one non-scrapbook project for Disney with you today as well.  We are pin-traders at Disney. It's a very fun way to engage with other vacationers and Cast Members.  Sometimes we get pins that we just don't want to trade, we want to collect them instead. So I created this shadowbox using scrapbook supplies to show off those pins. This is an older picture of it. The box is nearly filled now!  Perhaps I'll need to make another one?!

I hope you've found some magical inspiration for recording your Disney memories!

5 comments:

  1. I have always loved searching for your hidden Mickey's when I have seen your pages at sb.com. I really need to get cracking on my Disney books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pages! I love the variety. We have a display of pins too- I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome pages. thanks for sharing. we to collect pins

    ReplyDelete
  4. All fantastic pages and I love what you did with your pins! I have a Disney album to work on and love collecting ideas for them. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone made awesome layouts!!! You all did an amazing job. Cathy, That pin display is really neat.

    ReplyDelete