Monday, November 21, 2011

My Sew RibbonTutorial!

I am a tool junkie.  I love to try out new gizmos, especially the relatively inexpensive ones.  My Sew Easy was a natural addition to my arsenal, so I thought the Sew Ribbon was worth a look.  I bought Scallop and Shoelace.  The tool is in three pieces:  a top and bottom with a cutting blade.  The blade handily fits in the handle of the template.  You insert a piece of paper between the templates, then it is held together and automatically lines up with magnets.    

Scallop is a breeze to use, with the help of a T-square and pencil line it is easy to get a straight line.



Shoelace is very hard to use.  It is hard to get the blade into the insert.  After a couple of failed attempts I finally looked at a YouTube video which shows that you line the cutter up at a 90% angle to the template it is easier to insert.  


Although, I do like the results of Shoelace, I will not be buying anymore shapes.  Both cutters require a bit of pressure to insert into the template, I would not recommend this tool for anyone who has any strength or mobility issues with their hands (I have carpal tunnel problems). 


I think the addition of the button flowers absolutely set this page off.  They were made according to a reader's submission, Bev Code, on IFS last week. http://ideasforscrapbookers.blogspot.com/2011/11/readers-pages-and-button-flowers.html 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for reviewing this tool Marlene. I was on the fence about it but I'm thinking I don't need it terribly now. I love your layout and the button flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review. this tool looks like a lot of fun, and your layout is adorable.

    ReplyDelete