Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Develop Your Own Polaroid

Sara here today to show you how to make your own fake Polaroid pictures!  I remember growing up we only had a Polaroid camera and then as year went by and Polaroid became a think of the past. But now the fake Polaroid look is very popular on our layouts.
 
Start by cutting your photos so they are square or just about square (mine are off my my 1/4 inch).  Then adhere them on white or cream cardstock paper as I have above.  You want to be sure the left edge of the paper is a thin boarder and the bottom is wide border.

 
Cut off the top of the paper leaving the same thin boarder as you did on the left side.

 
Repeat the same thin boarder by cutting the right side.

 
Lastly, because I was doing 2 photos at once I has to cut them apart leaving the same thin boarder on each of them and now you have 2 Polaroid photos!

 
Here are my 2 Polaroids in action! These were so easy to make and give such a fun look to any layout.  Keep in mind these can be any size, I think mini Polaroids would be adroable!


2 comments:

  1. I just did a page with a faux polaroid for the first time a few days ago. Thanks for sharing this post Sara. It's a very fun technique!

    ReplyDelete