Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another Use for Foam Dots

When I make cards, I frequently use foam dots to pop up an element on the card.  Here's one of many sheets of dots that live in my adhesives basket.  

Years ago, I used to throw out the sheet when I used up all the dots.  Then I realized I should save the unused parts to cut apart to make pop-up strips for larger items.  Now I've discovered another purpose for used-up sheets of foam dots.

They make a perfect template for cute little rows of Stickles!  Here's a card I made using that technique.  Check out the perfectly even dots of Stickles on the background cardstock.

I hope some of you try this out.  I'd love to see what you make!


18 comments:

  1. Awesome idea!!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. never thought of that -- so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea. And if you don't have that kind of pop dots, you could always cut a template with your Cricut or go old school and use a hand held paper punch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool idea Cindy! I love how your card turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG WHAT A FABULOUS IDEA.... CANT WAIT TO TRY THEM...I ALWAYS WANDER WHAT I COULD DO WITH THOSE BESIDES CUTTING THEM UP FOR POP UP STUFF..TYTYTYTYTY
    JEAN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use a hole punch to punch out dots from the unused portion, too, as well as cutting strips.

    ReplyDelete
  8. do you let it dry or put it directly on the card?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cindy, I came across this on Pinterest! I love the idea and was happy to see you were the one sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing... I always have trouble with straight lines!

    ReplyDelete