Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Designer Showcase: Sun!

Hello!  It's Wednesday so it's Cathy here with another Designer Showcase for you.  Today we are featuring projects with sun.  It's summer here where we are located and the sun has been blazing and hot! It's been a very draining summer. But even in winter the sun can shine bright and sparkle on the snow!  Ahh, snow, cool and crisp, refreshing...... oh but then there's shoveling too.  I think I'll stick with the summer for now.  Winter will be back around in these parts all too soon!

First up are some projects by Lisa.
Take a look at this stunning scrapbook page. I love the bright "sunny" look of it. The yellow gingham pattern, the lace and the adorable butterfly trails all add to the happy feel.  The denim pocket with the photos tucked in is just so shabby sweet!  Super cute!
And talk about cute.......  get a look at this awesome card that Lisa made. Oh my gosh, I can't decide which is cuter, the crab or the beach ball?  Both are so neatly pieced together.  Adorable!

Heather is sharing a project too this week.
I love the way she has tucked the sun up in the corner peaking out from behind a cloud.  She brought the bright yellow and orange colors into the main design area too.  Wonderful fun page!

And lastly, I have a few projects to share.
This first one is a digital scrap page that I created. I used two different papers to create the sun ray background on this one.  My son plays baseball in the Spring. The season starts out chilly, but ends under the steamy summer sun.
This next one is a paper scrapbook page that I created about a visit to the San Diego zoo on a trip we took to the west coast.  I paper pieced a scene to frame the photo. I ripped up pieces of scrap paper to create the tree, sky, grass and sun.  The different layers of color to the sun remind me of just how sizzling hot it was on that trip!

My final project that I'm sharing today is a mixed-media canvas that I created.  I made this on a day that I accomplished quite a lot. I was feeling really good that day and wanted to capture that feeling.  I had to include a sun in my design.  A nice bright sun always says "happy" to me.

I hope you've enjoyed this weeks Designer Showcase and gain some inspiration from it. See again next week with more inspiring designs!

Happy crafting!


3 comments:

  1. Your mixed media piece leaves me in awe! Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are GREAT, ladies!! I love SUN pages!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the denim pocket too! Very cool. Cathy, your mixed media piece is totally lovely!

    ReplyDelete