Sunday, July 10, 2011

Vintage Mini Album

This was my FIRST attempt at making a mini album. It originally was supposed to be for sb.com National Scrapbooking Week Long Challenge. However, I didn’t get it done on time, because there were so many details that I wanted to put into this album about me. I have tell you it is NOT my idea…I was totally inspired and scraplifted many components of the album from TracyTreasures24 at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1ZKib0zrWQ …….I did tell her about it quite some time ago….and she wanted to see it, when it was done. I wish I could do an excellent video like she did….maybe on the next one…coming soon!

Here is the album’s front cover, side profile, and thickness:




Here is the first page: It’s me as a baby! With my name and birth date, there is also journaling in the small book.


Here is the next page: It’s me, my mother and father and grandmother…miss her so much!
They are original photos from 1969....The opposite page is a waterfall card….it has photos and journaling too!


The next page is my father and I…we were so close when I was a little girl. He was a key strength in life….miss him too!


The next page I made an envelope using my cricut…I added velcro for the closure and I card with all my children’s photos in it too. I made another mini book that has journaling and photo of my dh and I inside.


Here is it open for a sneak peek.


The last page, I haven’t put any photos in it yet….also need to add ribbon to the tags..
Otherwise it’s done!


Here is the view of the back.


Hope you were inspired like me!…. ?


5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning mini album!
    Here are my vintage mini albums:

    The first - Life is BEautiful.

    and the second -
    We'll Always Have Paris.

    and one more, not vintage, but full of hidden gats, mini books inside:
    A Family Matter.

    I love mini albums!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic album Lisa! Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was soooo beautiful... I just adore mini albums. Great job!

    ReplyDelete