Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fast, Fun Fireworks

I love the 4th of July! It is my favorite holiday of the year...I love the fireworks, family, parades and BBQ's. Many great memories over the years! To celebrate I made a fun card, Ive been on a super card kick lately! lol
Since I love fireworks so much and love making my own embellishments....I made these super fast, fun fireworks for you to put on your 4th of July invitations for next year or for your holiday layouts.
Here is what you need:
Blue/Red Cardstock....1.5 inch trianlges x 2
Cream/White Cardtock...2 inch rectangles x 2
Red/Blue quilling strips or 1/8inch cardstock strips
Glue
Scissors
Fiber
Popsicle Stick

First, take the quilling strip and just glue across at an angle every 1/4inch, cut of the ends to the end of the rectangle


Second, glue the triangle up on the top.


Third, flip over and glue half of the popsicle stick and the fiber.


Fourth, glue the other rectangle down and THEN the triangle...DONE!  :)



Here are two example of the finished fireworks in Red and in Blue


Now on a 6 x 6 card for next years invitations!


Hope you enjoyed and try some fast, fun fireworks for your next project! Happy 4th of July!!

2 comments:

  1. These turned out so very cute! I especially love that you included a fuse. Absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete