Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Designer Showcase: Projects With Transparencies!

Have you ever used transparencies on your projects? There are two types I will be showing today, transparencies you can print on and pre-made transparencies. They add a really cool effect to page and I am going to show you some great examples today by the contributors!

First is Dolores! She created this amazing page about her husband (I love that she used three photos of him in that hat!). This is what she had to say about her page,"This layout has my DH when he was between 3 and 4 years old. His dad told us they had visited a local fire station and Mark got to try on a helmet. Before I married my DH he worked as a part time firefighter. He has great memories of this job. I could not find any pics of Mark when he was working in California, but he had saved his uniform and helmet. So...I asked him to put them on so I could take a picture (he he he), because I had the idea for this layout. It is amazing what us wives will ask our husbands to do, and they put up with us."


Here is the special transparency she bought at Hobby Lobby to create this page!




Susan created three amazing pages with transparencies! Her first page is a transparency that she made by stamping flower images (with Stazon ink) repeatedly across a transparency.


This second beautiful page is using Hambly Transparency! This turned out so cute!


Susan's third page is using a is a PSE brush that she printed out on a transparency. Neat idea!




Heather created two innovative pages using transparencies. Check out her first page! She used a transparency from Hambly!



On this second beautiful page, Heather used transparent clouds and a fence!




Lastly, I am sharing a few projects by Nancy! I love that transparent arrow on her first page! It is a really neat effect!



Her next page features a transparent title. That goes so well with the page ;)


Her last project is using an acrylic album! She painted the edges of the clear plastic! This is really cool!


I hope you have enjoyed seeing some ideas for transparencies!

Do you want to share your favorite project using transparences with readers? Send me an email at scrappingpam73@yahoo.com and I will feature your projects!

4 comments:

  1. I love the firefighter layout. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the projects shared today! Such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post! Thank you for sharing your projects girls!

    ReplyDelete