Thursday, May 27, 2010

It Is Easy Being Green!

With all the focus on going green these days many manufacturers have begun packaging their products in reusable materials. Prima, GCD, Making Memories, Webster’s Pages, are just a few that I have found recently. I am sure there are many more.


From the backing materials, to the clear plastic your embellishment sits on it the package; there are many creative uses for these materials.


This project, made at CHA in the Prima booth, used the backing for some prima flowers as the base of the mini album and a piece of clear plastic from an acrylic stamp. The base of the album is the cardstock backing and the clear plastic was stamped with Stazon to make the butterfly.


For this layout I used the paper backing for some fabric as a photo frame. The paper had a beautiful pattern that seemed too good to be headed for the trash can.


And finally, an entire album made from packaging and scraps. A mini album for my daughter’s ballet teacher.



I hope I have inspired you to help find some ways to turn what was once trash into treasure.

Hugs.

Nancy

5 comments:

  1. what great ideas! I never would have thought these up on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a drawer full of things I hope to use soon. Awesome post Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too cool! I love trying to incorporate "junk" into my LOs too!really love that teacher album!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun and creative post Nancy. Thank you SO much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete