Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Page of My Birthday Boy & Sketch!

Hello!! Today is Sean's 8th birthday!! So, please leave a comment to wish him a happy bday!
This post is so late b/c I woke up with a horrible migraine.. one of those where you can't move and if you do, you get sick. It was that bad. So, about an hour ago it went away completely!

In addition to creating my page, I used the brand new GCD Studios Chip Art tool. I don't usually work with paints and I have never worked with modge podge before. But this tool is totally addicting. It is so easy to use and there is a tutorial on how to use it here. Trust me you don't have to be an artist to use it and I must say this tool is now one of my favorites. I am already brainstorming ideas on how I can use it next! I made this page about my son when he was much younger ... around 1 years old. I hope you find inspiration from it. You can see I used the Chip Art tool on the hearts. I embossed hearts into the large hearts, painted and put modge podge on top! I also used the GCD Studios Ella Blue Collection (one of my all time favorite collections) on this page.



Here is a close-up of one of the hearts!


Lastly, here is a sketch of my page for you to work with if you like! (I edited the sketch because I was off a little with the dimensions.


9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Sean!!
    Great layout Pam...thanks for sharing. :)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Sean!! Have a woderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Sean! May your day be fabulous and that you'll get many presents (that is what my kids, age 8 & 5 wish on their freinds b-days... LOL).
    Pam, this page is beautiful! so delicate and full of lovely details.
    Thank you for sharing and giving the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sean. Hope you have a great great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Sean! Hope you have a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous design!! Love the sweet pic...and the chipboard accents are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Printables category today [28 Mar 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely darling layout Pammy! I really love the little hearts!

    ReplyDelete